Every business with employees in California must have employee liability insurance. There are also many practical reasons you should have it. You should work with an insurance carrier to find a policy that will meet your needs.
What Will Usually be Covered?
Employee liability insurance covers any injury an employee may suffer from on the job. You can also purchase extended policies to cover legal fees if an employee files a lawsuit against you.
Our company also covers many problems that other carriers don’t. We offer policies that cover sexual harassment, libel, wrongful termination and other lawsuits that could arise.
You will need to understand the risks your business will face and find a policy that suits your needs. Here are some factors to consider.
What to Consider When Purchasing Insurance
There are several important factors that every business should think about before choosing a plan. These factors include the following:
- Consider what premiums you can afford.
- Understand what type of coverage the law requires you to have.
- You should purchase this insurance if you have any employees. You don’t need to purchase it if you are the only employee.
- You should assess the risks that your employees will face. li>
- Decide what deductibles you can afford. You can reduce your premiums by purchasing a policy with higher deductibles.
- Understand what exclusions your policy may carry.
- Decide if you want to the insurance to cover the costs of any lawsuits that may arise.
- Decide if you want to use your own lawyers to fight any claims or have the insurer hire an attorney instead.
You should make sure that you purchase an employee liability insurance policy that meets your needs. Speak with an insurance agent to find the right plan for your business.
Every business that has hired employees need to purchase employee liability insurance. Please do not hesitate to contact us to make sure you have the coverage you need. We look forward to hearing from you.